Quetzali Watermelon Seed
Quetzali Watermelon is open pollinated seed. (85 days) Tested at 9.7% on the sweetness scale. Very crisp, sweet and delicious!
On a hot summer day when you have been working outside all day, your energy is depleted and your muscles ache; just have a slice of Quetzali watermelon and it cools you off and gives you the thirst quenching electrolytes your body needs!
Nice 9 to 12-pound watermelons with dark green and light green stripes. The rind is thick so there is less splitting and it makes a good watermelon rind preserve. The flesh is pink, dense with very few seeds. Resists ANTHI1. Cannot ship to SC. PVP.
40 seeds to a pack sow 14 hills
Watermelon Rind Preserve Recipe from Farm Mom.
- 4 pounds chopped watermelon rind
- 1 gallon water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 9 cups white sugar
- 8 cups water
- 4 teaspoons crushed cinnamon stick
- 4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 4 lemons - rinsed, sliced and seeded
- 1 dash red food coloring (optional)
- Peel off the green part of the watermelon rind, and slice into 2 inch pieces. Soak the rind in a solution of 1 gallon water and 1/2 cup salt overnight.
- Remove rind from the salt water, and place in a stockpot with clean water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the rind is tender. Drain.
- In a large pot, combine the sugar, 8 cups water, and sliced lemons. Tie the cinnamon and cloves into a cheesecloth bag, and place in the pot. Bring the syrup to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes. Add the rinds, and cook until transparent. Remove spice bag. Stir in red food coloring, if using. Ladle preserves into hot sterile jars, and process to seal.